Independent Living is the ideal option for residents who don’t require daily assistance, but still enjoy having the opportunity for additional care when needed, such as medication management or grooming services.
It’s a comfortable alternative to Assisted Living that is designed to meet a spectrum of needs and helps to keep residents active, engaged and involved with a community of peers.
• Activities Program: Residents have the opportunity to take part in various activities, including games, music, crafts, exercise, outings and more. The range of programs is diverse so that it is inclusive for all
• Housekeeping and Linen: Rooms are cleaned daily and fresh towels are provided
• Laundry: Laundry service is provided on a weekly basis, with clothes washed, dried, folded and returned to residents on the same day they are collected
• Medication Management: We ensure that our residents’ prescriptions are filled, distributed and taken at the right time of day
• Nutritious Meals: A registered dietician reviews the menu to ensure that all meals meet our residents’ dietary needs. An on-site chef carefully prepares each meal for dining pleasure
• Scheduled Transportation: Our residents can schedule a car for local transportation to a doctor’s appointments or the grocery store, etc.
• Security: Each room is equipped with an emergency call bell with access to staff 24/7. Additionally, there are periodic checks on each resident
• One-on-One Companionship Program: This program was created for residents who may not require daily assistance, but want a little extra help every once in a while. Our residents have the option to spend continuous, uninterrupted time with one of our caregivers or activity staff, depending on the resident’s preference. We offer a program 1 hour a day for either one day a week or five days a week. This time can be used at the resident’s discretion for such things as personal care, escorting to doctor appointments, going shopping, or pet therapy time with Lakewood Park Manor’s pet birds.
• Two Hour Wellness Checks: Our staff will check on the resident every two hours around the clock, just to make sure that everything is okay and that the resident is comfortable.
*Please take note that we cannot directly administer insulin to any resident; therefore, we cannot inject a needle or otherwise pierce a resident’s skin with an insulin administration needle or blood drawing tool.
• Accu-Checks: Lakewood Park Manor offers Accu-checks for residents who may simply require reminders to check their sugar levels, as well as guidance/supervision in doing so. Assistance also includes record keeping of the resident’s sugar level per check
• Accu-Checks With Insulin Administration: We offer Accu-checks for residents who not only require daily guidance/supervision in checking sugar levels, but also may require guidance/supervision of insulin administration.